Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DRAGON DIARY: JANUARY 2011

What is in our backyards does matter! If children never see butterflies or frogs, why would they, or should they, care about the conservation of these animals. Prof Chris Daniels.
January:  The Grafted Gum is out in flower, but faded quickly in the heatwave…like me!
 Even the Dragons are keeping out of the sun! Isn’t Lady cute resting her chin on the branch.  What a lovely view from my loungeroom window. When I planted the Banksia outside the window I was hoping to create a ‘Birdwatching Window’!
The Dragons have been so endearing, that even my Mum is now offering special plates of fruit for them in little crystal dishes around the garden.  Mind you, if they start to get ‘too friendly’ and come towards her, she ends up in unusual levitated yoga positions – the kind that ensures her feet are way above ground level.  She’s just published her first book, Strong, Sixty and Sexy’, and people marvel how energetic and healthy she is – and she’s now over 70, but I think I know the real reason she stays fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment