Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dragon people friends

Well, I know - I haven't written for a while.. the Dragons are all asleep for the Winter and so perhaps was I?  However, word seems to be getting around and I've found a lovely person who lives in the same valley who also has made friends with the Dragons and wants to tell about them.  Meet Dick and 'his' Dragon friends - it seems Dick's diaries are remarkably similar... 

19th June 2012

Hi
OK.
Here's a Pinky story (#1).
A few years ago Pinky was in the habit of climbing up the tall gum near the house, and catching the morning sun on our tile roof.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that you're being watched?
Well, occasionally I'd be in the yard and I'd get that feeling.
I'd look up and see Pinky peering over the edge of the roof, watching proceedings (see attached pic).
One New Year's Eve our friends, a married couple, slept over after we celebrated till 1.
In the morning the husband lay down in the sun on the deck, on a sun lounge, to relax before breakfast.
He had on a stone coloured T-shirt, which was stretched tightly over his rather large, round stomach.
To Pinky, who had climbed to the roof early and was looking over the edge, this must have looked like a lovely warm, round rock to sunbake on.
He launched himself from the roof and did a belly-flop onto our mate's stomach.
He leapt up with a scream, and poor old Pinky leapt, in turn, from the deck onto the lawn below.
"Mate," I said, "What are you doing scaring our lizard?"
Regards for now
Dick
Dick has many more stories...
I'll post some more later.

Cheers,
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment